Weddings, celebrations and events
Food is a fundamental part of any celebration and even more so at a wedding. If guests enjoy delicious food at a wedding they will remember the occasion forever.
Wedding and celebration cuisine is lovingly prepared and the freshness is evident in every mouthful that is savoured. The abundant servings have people going back for seconds. I love to meet with the wedding couples and together we design and create a menu that is unique to their wedding. In the past I have catered for weddings as small as 7 guests and as large as 200 guests as well as all weekend weddings.
Weddings, celebrations, and events can be served in the following ways:
- Buffet – an abundant and elegant selection of food served on the main table for guests to help themselves.
- Banquet- shared dishes served on each table of guests.
- Canapé – canapés are a great way to start your celebration and can be handed out to your guests or you can have canapé all night or lunch time long.
Celebration menu ideas and pricing
Here are some suggestions for canapés, mains, salads and desserts. You can have a full three course meal or just canapés, or canapés accompanied with salads – this works perfectly if you are planning a BBQ. If there is something you would like that is not on the menu, I can also accommodate.
All your food will come on lovely white returnable platters or chaffing dishes can be hired (at an additional cost) so your food stays warm through out your celebration. Prices listed below include me dropping off your food in plenty of time for your party. Veet’s Cuisine can arrange crockery, cutlery and table hire and table and room decoration at an additional cost if needed.
Depending on your budget Veet’s Cuisine can drop off your food or can stay and present the food or offer full service and be there to serve on tables and clean up etc.
For weddings and other celebrations where you require Veet or other helpers to stay and serve there is an additional cost:
- $50 per hour for Veet with a minimum of four hours
- $35 per hour for helpers with a minimum of four hours
- 15 % surcharge on Sundays and public holidays is added for staffing.
- For setting up and refilling the buffet Veet and one helper are required for a minimum of four hours (no plates are collected or dishwashing is done with this service).
- For full food service with clearing plates and dishwashing, you will need to employ 1 helper per fifteen guests plus Veet.
- For full food with clearing plates and dishwashing as well as alcohol service, you will need to employ 1 helper per ten guests plus Veet.
A note on pricing
As of 2015, the government has asked me to collect 10% GST for them so you will need to add a further 10% to the prices – apologies for this but it is beyond my control.
Your party can consist of food just from the canapés menu or you can have canapé dishes to accompany the food from the main menu. Canapés are ordered by the platter. Some of the delicious canapés on offer are listed below. Most of the choices are gluten-free and some are vegan. However, if you would like a totally vegan menu please ask.
- Polenta Bites with pesto (30 pieces) $60
- Balinese tofu cakes (20 pieces) $60
- Miso and maple syrup marinated tempeh or tofu and beetroot skewers (30 pieces) $60
- Miso and maple syrup marinated Tofu and roast vegetable skewers (30 pieces) $60
- Mini nut roasts (20 pieces) $80
- Tangy potato balls with a tamarind dipping sauce (30 pieces) $60
- Thai sweet corn fritters with homemade sweet chili sauce or mango and avocado salsa if in season (25 pieces) $65
- Mushroom and nut balls with tahini dipping sauce (20 pieces) $70
- Mini tofu frittatas with eggplant caviar (25 pieces) $80
- Pesto filled mushrooms (30 pieces) $65
- Cashew sour cream filled mushrooms (30 Pieces) $65
- Mini capsicums filled with millet and tofu (20 pieces) $85 (these are seasonal to summer only or you can have zucchini filled millet and tofu)
- Cashew and red capsicum olive filled eggplant with cherry tomatoes (20 pieces) $85
- Vietnamese rice paper spring rolls with a macadamia and coriander filling and Davidson plum dipping sauce (20 pieces) $80
- Silverbeet dolmades (20 pieces) $75
- Trio of homemade dips polenta chips and vegetable sticks $75
- Antipasto plate: chili basil rolled tofu tempeh, sun-dried tomatoes, olives, marinated mushrooms green beans and almonds, sauteed broccolini $95
Mini macadamia cheese and walnut tartlets (30 pieces) $75
Artichoke and white bean tartlets (30 pieces) $75
Roasted beetroot and caramelized onion tartlets (30 pieces) $75
You can have a theme party, for example, Mexican, Indian, Balinese, Middle Eastern or even a BBQ banquet or choose a combination of dishes. If you would like a theme menu, contact Veet and she will give you a list of choices. Below are some examples of combinations of dishes or look at the retreat menu for more ideas. There is a special Indian Feast menu for those who want to have an Indian theme. It is listed below the mains. Most of the choices are gluten-free and some are vegan. However, if you would like a totally vegan menu please ask.
- Artichoke and pea lasagne
- Fusion lasagne – 3 layers: pumpkin and olive pesto, spinach and tofu, tomato and corn ragout
- Seasonal vegetable lasagne with béchamel sauce
- Macadamia and pea pesto pasta vegetable bake
- Zucchini polenta with pepperonata and salsa verde
- Stuffed zucchinis on a bed of capsicum and roasted cherry tomatoes
- Vegetable stacks with grilled tofu
- Quinoa vegetable and cashew cheese filled capsicums
- Thai style vegetable and white bean curry
- Miso tofu with grilled eggplant and macadamia stir-fried veggies
- Mexican beans Mexican tri-coloured rice and salsa
- Balinese curry with tofu cakes
- Sri Lankan curry with raita
- Vegetable and halloumi tikka curry with date chutney